Cash in on really high rates with our free Kasasa Cash® checking account. In fact, these rates are so high Rip Van Winkle might have skipped his nap just to earn them.
We'll even refund your ATM fees nationwide.* So whether you end up in New Jersey, New Orleans, or New Mexico (and all points in between) you can still access your cash. It's free checking worth waking up for! See Rates
- Free high interest checking account
- Earn 2.00% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- Earn 2.00% APY to 0.41% APY on balances over $10,000, depending on balance in account*
- Earn 0.05% APY* if qualifications are not met
- Nationwide refunds on ATM fees
- Pair it with free Kasasa Saver savings account to build savings quickly
- High interest rewards and ATM fee refunds* are transferred automatically
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service charge
- Free online banking and bill pay
- Free MasterCard® debit card
- Free e-statements (available soon)
- Access to a nationwide network of surcharge-free ATMs
- Unlimited checking
- $100 minimum deposit to open
Earning rewards is simple. In fact, you probably do these things already anyway. To earn your rewards, simply do the following activities and transactions in your Kasasa Cash account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled and log into online banking
- Be enrolled and receive e-statement notice (when they become available later this year)
That does it! If for some reason you don't qualify, there's always next month! And the account is still free, plus you still earn the base interest rate. You can get back to earning the full rewards the very next monthly qualification cycle.
- Financial Calculator
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 3/31/2014. Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $100 for Kasasa Cash and $100 for Kasasa Saver. For Kasasa Cash, if all qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 2.00%; and (3) balances over $10,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $10,000, resulting in 2.00% to 0.41% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on Kasasa Cash all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle to the Kasasa Cash account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle to the account. ATM-processed transactions and transfers between accounts do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. The advertised Kasasa Cash APY is based on compounding interest. Interest earned in Kasasa Cash is automatically transferred to your Kasasa Saver account each statement cycle and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised Kasasa Cash APY. The Kasasa Saver APYs may be less than Kasasa Cash APYs. If all qualifications in your Kasasa Cash checking account are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $20,000 in your Kasasa Saver receive an APY of 0.75%; and (2) balances over $20,000 in Kasasa Saver earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of balance over $20,000, resulting in 0.75% to 0.33% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on your Kasasa Cash account, all balances in Kasasa Saver earn 0.05% APY. Limit one account per customer.